I suggest you ...

Wish I could filter sources out (-twitterfeed, -foursquare)

I want to filter out different sources of geo-located tweets. For example, foursquare checkins are basically worthless to display on Bing Maps. They're spam. I would kill for the ability to filter out these tweets but as Bing Maps is currently implemented, it doesn't appear that this is possible.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • cmagnusoncmagnuson commented  · 

The only other input I'd like to add is when I click on the 't' pin to display the geo-located tweet, it's very hard to browse lots of tweets because I am required to click the 'x' in the upper right hand corner of the tweet box in order to make the box close. I'd like to be able to click on the map or elsewhere on the screen to make the tweet box close. This would allow me to browse tweets much more easily/quickly.

Thanks for all your awesome work! Bing Maps is the only legit way to browse geo-located tweets and I definitely appreciate the service.

• @bingTmapsAdmin@bingTmaps (Admin, Bing Twitter Maps) commented  · 

Agreed! Actually, just today we launched some default filtering to remove @ replies, RTs and "I'm at" foursquare checkins w/out any additional context...but we are just starting to work on tuning all that, so if you have other ideas for what we should/shouldn't filter, please share.

Feedback and Knowledge Base